knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, September 5, 2008

'Diamond Panes'


is a quilt that Deb and I made together to donate to"The Quilt Project for Breast cancer support, a couple of years ago. I made the center of the quilt and we both made the surrounding blocks. Deb did the quilting. We have done a couple of other quilts like this for friends as well.


"Underwater World' is another wall hanging I made for the Quilt project - It was a fun project and did well for the project.
I feel strongly about Breast cancer and this is a project that I support each year by donating a couple of wall hangings.



This donation quilt is called
'Visitors at Dusk'
and was auctioned at the Stratford, Ontario auction 2 years ago. All of these quilts traveled from city to city to different LaZboy stores where
they were on display - I am sure some of the Canadian ladies have
seen the LaZboy displays each year as the beautiful quilts travel to different parts of Canada before they are raffled. You may check out their site -

www.thequilt.com

I have one quilt in the Toronto show and one quilt in the Victoria show this year . Last year Verona -my friend , made an absolutely wonderful quilt from blocks donated by an online group - She put it together and hand quilted the whole quilt. It was named 'Blue Diamonds' and was one of the top quilts across Canada as far as earning money for Cancer support. Another group I belonged to 'One Stitch at a time' made a beautiful butterfly quilt from a pattern by Heather Gudim, a friend from Strathmore,Alberta - so you can
see that lots of us feel it is a worthwhile cause. I wish I had pictures of 'Blue Diamonds' and the Butterfly quilt to show you. I am just happy that I can do something to help with this very important cause. S/

No comments: