knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, October 21, 2011

new slippers -



I just finished these -- easy to make and nice and warm.  I will wear them over my knitted worsted socks this winter as our floors always seem cold to me.   I made the pair this afternoon.  Pattern is a bit confusing but once you figure it out it  works out quickly.  lots of fun

6 comments:

Kats Studio said...

Love those slippers!
On another note: just a thank you for the thread painting class in Learning Fiber Art group. I am now working on another piece for the winter. Pray all is well with you and your family.

Shirley said...

I am so glad that you are finding the thread painting class useful. It is handy do use in landscapes. I would love it if you would mail me a picture --
painterlady2@shaw.ca when you are finished.

I hope to get back to art quilts after the New Year. Life has been difficult this past two years and I just didn't have the heart for it. thanks for the kind words about my slippers. they knit up quickly so my family will have comfy slippers this winter. Shirley

Tee said...

Shirley,

Can you please share this slipper pattern? This is one my son would wear. The others were not manly enough!!

Thanks.

Tee

Shirley said...

If anyone wants the pattern for these slippers

google - non felted slippers for the free pattern

Tee said...

Thanks!! Getting going soon. Did you have any yarn recommendations?

Shirley said...

Actually - I use knitted worsted - likely red heart = it is an acrylic and works very well. I use up my stash.

I like it when I do the soles one color and the top another color.

I am going to do a pair this weekend and take pictures as I go along . I also hope to add a bit of a sock leg to the slipper - not sure how that will work.

Shirley