knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Verona's quilt


My friend Verona from Revelstoke just sent me this picture of her latest work in progress.
She does the most beautiful work and we exchange pictures each time we finish something. This quilt is my absolute favorite of all the pictures she has sent.
She is going to put red and blue borders on this quilt.

She is such a good friend. How fortunate I am with my friends.

She organizes the Big Sky retreat in Olds, and
there is lots of room if any of you would like to attend a June retreat. I can vouch for how well it is run and what fun we have. It is in Olds Alberta at Olds College. The work room is well lit, lots of room and each of us can have either a single room or share one with a friend. The girls who attend are great and the atmosphere is wonderful. I would strongly recommend it. There are lots of people from all over who come each year. Some from BC. some from Oregon, Boston, Atlanta, Manitoba, and lots from Calgary and Edmonton.
If you are interested in attending email me at painterlady2@shaw.ca and I will send her your request - She will then send you information on the retreat. I would love to meet some of you there.

2 comments:

Micki said...

Sounds wonderful ! Wish that I could attend!
Micki

Carol said...

Oooh, what a fabulous quilt. One of these years when my kids are older I'll start going to quilt retreats. They always sound like a lot of fun.