knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Monday, July 13, 2009

This and that

Good morning! I just wanted to drop in and say hello. It has been awhile since I have posted as things have been a bit overwhelming this past month since my son was
found to have a serious cancer. He is holding on, still in his apartment and managing on his own. (For how long, I don't know).

---------------------

I have been working on a wall hanging of a winter scene. The center panel is l4 x l9"
and once I get the border on, it will be a nice sized wall hanging. It will be one of the
wall hangings I will donate to Carma house for the quilt auction in November. As the
Winter Olympics are in Vancouver, BC in the New Year, I thought I would do some winter scenes for the auction. I have been working on small pieces this past 6 months and got the urge to go back and do a larger piece for a change.

------------------------
I have been taking a bit of a leave of absence from my group (learningfa) because of
the situation with my son. I am so pleased that Julie from the group has stepped in and
carried on with the promised classes by sending out the class emails. She really has
been such a help.
------------------------
Our weather has been really uncertain this past while. We haven't had a nice summer at all , and as it is so short, it is a shame. Oh well.

I don't seem to have much to say right now but will drop in when I finish something.
Thanks to all of you who follow this blog, and I hope you will continue to do so. I hope to become more active in the next while. Shirley

No comments: