knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Good Morning!

Well I finally figured out how to get my pictures in - I think it was that this is a new blog and I think my pictures were too big. A couple are here now so I think the problems are solved.

It is a dull, windy day here in Alberta - it is a shame as it is the last long weekend
of this year- The leaves are beginning to turn gold - our summer was so short this year! Soon our Province will be covered in Gold -- (we don't get the bright reds and oranges that they do in Ontario,Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces and points south), but our autumns are glorious anyway. I love it when we drive up to Canmore or Banff and see the bright yellow larches below the tree line of the rockies- We get a
little bit of red. Soon we will see snow on the peaks. It is so beautiful. I
Love this part of the world!

----
I have a couple of projects coming up - I will be teaching on my Learningfa (fiberarts) group - we are going to do the 'Poppies & wildflowers'- I have the classes all prepared in emails with pictures which will show the students step by step how to
make this wall hanging. Judith from Cdnquiltswappers is going to teach us how to do
a Jean quilt at the end of the month too. She has been such a help with the traditional quilting as I am not a traditional quilter, although once in a very long while I get the urge! We just finished organzing and teaching a Sampler quilt - the ladies from the group sent in blocks with detailed instructions and the quilts have been just beautiful. I will put in a picture of one of them.

I am going to teach a class on Valerie Hearder's Landscape group in the next while - I will be teaching 'Quiet Morning' which I taught on my group- I will post a picture of the wall hanging. It was a door prize for the Western Retreat this past June and
my new friend Mel won it.

Well that should do it for now. Take care everyone!

No comments: