knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Sunday, August 31, 2008

MT. RUNDLE - Banff, AlbertaGoo



Good morning! I woke up to hear about the hurricane heading towards New Orleans.
I feel so badly for all of those who are being affected by another terrible storm.
It is a helpless feeling when you know there is nothing you can do to help!

Here is one of my favorite wall hangings - MT. RUNDLE, Banff, Alberta - I made this a couple of year's ago for a good friend and I have so many memories of having picnics
with my family in this exact spot. If you are ever in Banff, make sure you visit the
Vermilion Lakes where you get a beautiful view of this mountain. They are just outside the Banff town, and many people aren't aware it is even there.

This landscape just 'came' together - I started in the morning and time flew - before I knew it it was
finishes. I used acrylic paints, thread painting, metallic and rayon threads.
It is one of my pieces that I am completely happy with - S/

No comments: