knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I have decided to put some pictures of my work in progress - as the scene develops.

The first one (above) shows the general layout - note I used a mottled background for the forest. I then added fir trees and other trees and branches. I thread painted the fir trees.
For the second picture I added some thread painted trees in the background and then took some variegated thread to make the brightly colored leaves. It is starting to look like a forest but I still have lots to do before I put in the bushes in front of the trees, as well as colored leaves on the ground and possibly a touch of snow. I always do my landscapes from far away, and work forward - I never know exactly what I will add - that is the fun of it for me. S

No comments: