knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Monday, August 31, 2009

Good morning


It has been some time since I posted. My son is very very ill and to be honest, I haven't felt much
like doing anything. Things are not going to get better, and soon he will go into hospice.

The type of cancer he has is the most painful and difficult (esophageal) and it has metasticized so he is on heavy pain killers but he is reaching a stage where he is still hurting even with the drugs.

Cancer is such a DREADFUL disease -- I pray that soon they will find a way to stop it early, and especially to understand and be able to deal with it at the beginning.

I will likely not do much posting in the next weeks --

I do want to thank all the WONDERFUL, online friends (hundreds of them - liverally) who are praying for Rob and our family. I have collected l20 postcards from all over the worlds and will donate them to Cancer support for sale at the quilt auction here in Calgary, in November.

The beautiful roses (2 dozen) were given to me by my family for my birthday - They are the same ones I wore for my wedding 54 years ago and meant so much at this difficult time.

Please keep us in your prayers.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful flowers......

Micki said...

I am so sorry about your son..These are difficult times for you all, I know and I will say many prayers for you all. Please tell us how he is doing every now and then. I am confident that he will be better soon.
Hugs,
Micki

Carol said...

Hugs. Glad you were able to celebrate your birthday with most of your family. The roses are lovely.

Unknown said...

The roses are lovely Shirley. And I pray for Rob and your family every day. I work at a hospice and Shirley use them as much and for everything. They can be as helpful as possible at this time for the entire family.

Linda Mullen said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all Shirley.