knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, April 29, 2010

UNDERWATER CORAL WALL HANGING 2010





I  have had a great two days.  I started this top yesterday and finished it a few minutes ago.
I will add a border (possibly 2) and then quilt it.  This will be a class , but it is also going to 
be a wedding gift -  I have decided to do some beading as well.   Isn't it a nice feeling 
when you start something and it just happens, with no problem and the work just flows?

It is the first time that has happened since we lost our son so I am feeling really good about it!

====================================================================
Well! we have had the Mother of all spring storms.   Rain, 8 - l0 inches of snow  heavy wind, and really a mess.   We never left the house.   It is slowly passing.  The only good thing about it is that the farmers desperately needed moisture so that will help.  The roads
were blocked, accidents all over the place.  Our summer is so short that we really don't need a storm like this in May!  The whole Province from Edmonton to the Montana border was 
affected and roads impassible.   Now I hope summer will likely arrive.  We were in Banff last week and it was 22 deg.
C   (over 70 degrees F.) absolutely glorious.   One thing about our Alberta weather it can change in an hour.

I  have just about finished binding my winter Skating on the Pond, and have finished 3 
 fully thread painted manipulated miniatures so it has been a good time for me.

I am attending two retreats in June, as I do every year, so have started getting my 
secret sister gifts ready  and other things organized as well.  I am really looking forward to it
this year.  

Nothing much on tv tonight - but I feel good about finishing the wall hanging.  Shirley

4 comments:

Debbie said...

ooohh... it's so pretty.....

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

It was a good day to stay inside and stitch, eh? lol Your coral reef hanging turned out beautifully!
Hugs,
Kerry

Micki said...

I love the quilt that you did and how nice for you to finish!
Micki

Kathi said...

Love this piece and am very excited about the class. Hope to make some time to play this weekend.
You are a very talented woman and thank you for sharing!