knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Saturday, February 13, 2010

OLYMPICS 2010

I am feeling so sorry for the luge team from Georgia for the dreadful
accident. I feel so bad for his family. He was only 21 years old I understand. I know that the organizers, and all of Canada are devastated.

However, they have not cancelled - I understand they added some height to the
fence - and made some other adjustments.

I have been watching the l000 meter speed skaters- my they do a good job!

I am also looking forward to the curling - as my nephew, Dave Merklinger
is in charge of the ice making. He is our top icemaker for curling .

Dave is also an excellent curler and won the world
championship in l985. His sister Anne is a wonderful curler who just
retired. She is head of our Summer Olympic "Own the Podium" program
which is a program to improve our resources, and training for the
Summer Olympics. I am very proud of them both.

The venues for the winter olympics are here in Calgary and
at the ski hills around here. The cross country skiing area is in Canmore
(Canmore Nordic Center). Most of the venues we built for the 88 olympics
have been used. We have our olympic oval for speed skaters - it isn't far from our place, here in Calgary.

We are usually glued to the television during all the olympics.

I hope you all enjoy them too. The weather is not cooperating. None of our
weather has followed the usual patterns here in Western Canada-- much
colder and snowier here this year but milder than usual in BC.




No comments: