knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, November 7, 2008

Calgary Quilt Auction for Wellspring





Our quilt auction was very successful. I am not sure of the final amount raised but what a great evening! It was held at the Calgary Golf and Country club in the most beautiful setting. The clubhouse lent itself very well to the auction and we all had a marvelous time. I was honored to have a section set aside for my work and all the landscapes I had there, sold,
which was great. The best thing was, I met the people who bought them. It is nice to know where my 'babies' are going. grin. The one that was in the live auction did very well too. I am including some of the beautiful quilts that were in the live auction. We have been
able to raise a large amount of money for cancer research here in Calgary over the past 6 years, and this year , all the proceeds went to Wellspring. The quilt being held by the two young men (below)was received from Kenya. The lady who made it made friends with a Canadian quilter and sent the Quilt Project a quilt this year. It is beautifully done. All the others are
quilts that caught my eye. I am also showing a picture of 3 of my quilts that were sold as well as the auction quilt which did very well too. All in all a wonderful evening. So well organized by 'TheQuilt and Wellspring. Shirley

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Shirley,

What an amazing recap of last night's action! Thank you so much for just being you. I want you to know what a pleasure it was to showcase your work and how happy I am to know that attendees just loved meeting you and seeing your talents up close!

Thanks for your enthusiastic support of the Quilt and Wellspring.

your new friend and admirer,

Wendy

Shirley said...

Wendy - thank you. I have become
very interested in Wellspring and am really happy I can do something to help in such a great cause.

You did a wonderful job organizing the auction, and I only wish that all the people who read my blog could have come with me.

Debbie said...

Congrats!!!! I knew you would do great.