knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

LEARNINGFA DRAW

I promised my students who made the sampler quilt or the Southwest wall hanging, or both, that if they finished the top of their project and sent me a picture
they would qualify for a draw of one of my wall hangings. The winner will be able to choose one of the two pieces shown here.
We will be holding the draw in late November.

The first is one of my 'Fantasy' Series of crazy patch wall hangings. It has a thread painted chickadee and a painted and embellished peacock - I made 6 blocks and put them together. Click on the picture to get a closeup. The second wall hanging is a forest scene in the rockies that I made last year. It is mostly
rough edged applique with a fair amount of thread painting. I also appliqued 2 eagles and a mountain Sheep . It is from a photo I took at Lake Minnewanka near Banff in the Canadian Rockies in the autumn. There are many Mountain sheep in that area and they are very very tame.

Shirley

No comments: