knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Monday, November 24, 2008

Learningfa Classes- Grey Cup


I wanted to post a picture of the jean's quilt that one of our Members, Janet, made for
a Christmas present. She is going to make a bag to go with it. I love the colors she chose and won't it be great for football games and picnics? These quilts are made with flannelette and blue jean fabric and don't require
any batting. Judith from Cdnquiltswappers taught the class for us (as well as lots of other classes), and the girls really enjoyed it. We also have a wonderful class coming up shortly called square dance, it is a beautiful quilt and Cheryl P. has kindly agreed to teach it to us.

Our group is unique, as friends, and members donate their time and knowledge to give classes to the members. There is no charge and what a great, enthusiastic group we have.
I feel as if each and every one is a friend. We have members from all over the world. It is just great. Shirley

I have just started the beginning thread painting class for our new members. This is the 3rd time we have started the thread painting class from scratch. There seems to be a great deal of interest in thread painting and so I hope we help people learn to use it in their landscapes and on their traditional quilts.

------------------
CALGARY WON THE GREY CUP!!!!!!!! YEAH! I imagine all the Canadians watched it.
I remember some great Grey Cup parties over the years. Needless to say everyone here
is tickled pink! This is the BIG final for our Canadian Football Season and the western Champions meet the eastern Champions - Congratulations to all the players, it was a good game against Montreal.

Shirley

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am thinking that I should learn how to quilt Shirley. What do you think?

Wendy

Shirley said...

Why don't you join my group and I will send you some stuff. I think you would enjoy it. I have a book you could borrow with all the information you need.

I think it is a great idea Wendy!