knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, November 6, 2008

This and that

Good morning!
here is a picture of a wall hanging I made last year for Verona - a friend from Revelstoke. It is called 'The travelers'
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just finished putting together a class for the learningfa group on
" Quilt as you go quilts - my way" It explains my way of doing the manual machine quilting as simply as I can manage. We will be sending out the emails over the weekend.

click on 'learningfa' in the side bar if you are interested in joining.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We still have some snow on the ground but it is melting- I am looking forward to tonight
as I will be attending 'The Quilt" auction for Wellspring for cancer support. We hope to auction over 90 quilts for this wonderful cause. I wish you could all be there with me.

I finished my "Winter fun" wall hanging and will give it to Wellspring tonight. I now hope to finish the wall hanging I started for my friend , and make sure I have a quilt ready for
a prize on my group. I have one picked out but might, if time permits do another one.
Life is good! Isn't retirement great? I can do what I want, when I want to. grin. I find I am always busy but it is self inflicted. It is too bad you have to grow old to get there.

I am also reading as many Colleen McCullough books as I can find at the library. Just finished the 'Thorn Birds' and am now reading
'The Touch'. She has written a few others and I hope to slowly get through them all.

Well, off to make lunch for hubby. Take care everyone! I hope to take some pictures of the auction tonight and will post them tomorrow. Shirley

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Try Morgan's Run next - I am almost finished it....