I added more different greens and thread painted more grasses by stitching up and then coming down, all over the piece. I then added two tree trunks and one broken trunk, using some mottled grey fabric, cut into l/2 inch strips. I also added some flowers at the base, and two separate butterflies. I continued thread painting closely up and down. The top picture shows the intense thread painting and the bottom picture shows the finished center which will now be squared off carefully, and added a pretty rose border 2" and then added a 3 inch border on top, bottom and one side - with a 4.5 inch border on one side. This is where we will put the thread painted poppy.