knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, March 12, 2009

TUTORIAL thread painting a grizzly bear





Here are the steps in doing my grizzly. The top two pictures show the printed on fabric,bear which I have put on timtex. The second shows a group of brown threads which I will choose from
for thread painting the shadows, and the surface fur.

The third picture shows how I highlighted the light portions of the fur. I then did the darkest thread which is very dark and will cover all the shadows. I then chose a medium brown for the middle value and the bear is starting to look pretty good. I am now working on the bare spaces using a slightly darker than medium thread. Then I will put in the face which I always leave until last. I haven't decided how I am going to do the snout as the photo shows the light reflected on it - it is difficult to get that impression so I will think about it while I am doing the eyes. I will post the fully completed bear in the Header for a couple of days. I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. Shirley

No comments: