knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Computer frustrations

have caused me to spend 4 hours trying to sort out my "Simple landscape" class . I have 115 people signed up ( which I won't do again) and have had the class ready for some time (I thought) I tried to send the classes out at once and most were returned . So I divided the names up into 4 groups and tried it that way. They still were not accepted. Then I figured out that they were too large as I had tried to send out medium sized pictures instead of small. (I have been doing this for l8 months, no problem! I have now changed all the photos to small size and HOPEFULLY they will go out okay. I like sending the photos a bit larger as it is easier for the girls to see exactly what I am doing. I think from now on I will do the classes in the Learningfa blog as I understand you can limit the number of people (under a hundred)
and if the names are filled in no other students can access the blog. You can tell how
unacustomed I am to the blogging world! thanks to my friend Chris Dahl she is going to show me how to do it.

I will send out the new sized emails tomorrow and HOPEFULLY
they will go out okay. Frustrating day so far. I am going to take a break and read
my book and watch tv for a bit.

This is when I know I am not as young as I used to be.

It is weird as I have sent out so many classes with no problems. Oh well, if it doesn't work this time I will have to contact my tech help - they are so good about explaining things.

It snowed all night but is sunny and melting today. Typical March weather - I feel as if
the winter will never end this year.

I am really pleased that one of the retreats I attend every year Big Sky Retreat at Olds, Alberta is still on. I think they can use a few more people so if a really nice retreat with
lots of light, a table to yourself at Olds College appeals to you, let me know. It is on
June 6th to 9th. We even have a friend from Georgia and one from Mass. who come every year. I also go to another retreat in June at Sylvan Lake, Alberta (near Red Deer) so needless to say I am looking forward to meeting my friends again.

No comments: