knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tutorial ...Thread painting scenery and animals.







Here are examples of thread painting bushes, trees, etc. on pictorial landscapes.




Below are a few examples of thread painted fish and
animals that are thread painted .

If you click on the picture you can see how I thread painted these animals.










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful!!

elsie123 said...

So much detail! You do wonderful work, and must have the patience of Job! Thanks for visiting my blog, stop by anytime.

Shirley said...

Thanks ladies. I appreciate your kind words. my landscapes are my passion and teaching students how to do them is just as important. Shirley

arlinda said...

I really enjoyed seeing your work. I do fabric landscapes with threadpainting also and feel so passionate about sharing this wonderful art form with others. Thank you for the enjoyment.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Hello! I just found your blog... Lovely!! If you ever want to link up, there's a group blog just for Canadian fibre artists. Come see if you like! http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com
Nice to meet you!
~Monika
sewing in Saskatoon