knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, February 13, 2009

Good morning!


I have been working on a "simple wall hanging' for my class on the learningfa group which is scheduled for March 14 and 15. I am ready to start quilting it. As you can see, I used a different type of border on this one and am happy to say that it works. I decided to do another summer day, and hopefully the girls who take the class will be able to follow the emails with the instructions.

I will follow this class with a more advanced
wall hanging which will go into much more detail and more advanced work, on April 25th. It is lots of fun to prepare these emails with step by step instructions and they seem to work well for our students. We have over l00 people signed up for the series.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the landscape I am going to teach at a class in Athabasca, and I am quite excited about going up to visit my friend Debbie who lives there - We will have a great visit and hopefully a good 2 day class. It is another 'basic' wall hanging and hopefully the students will learn a lot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 'FLOWER GARDEN' landscape will likely become another class. I have posted previous pictures of this one. I think these will be all the
summer themed landscapes I will be doing this year.

I plan on getting back to my "Canadian Rockies' series.
I think they will be done in the four different seasons. I already finished the "Three Sisters" and as I have either sold or given away the Mt. Rundle landscapes, I will probably do another in a winter scene. I hope to do Castle Mountain and other Alberta scenes, as well.

I have so many photos of the Rockies I will never run out of subjects. I do need some winter scenes though.

The 4 season Challenge is another project I want to do.
I will start with a winter scene - hopefully I can get all four done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are working on a Mystery quilt which was designed by Noell from Calgary. I have seen her mysteries as she had done one for 3 or 4 years at the Big Sky retreat which I attend each year. They are gorgeous when finished. The girls are in the midst of receiving a new step every 3 days for 10 steps.
I will post pictures here when I receive pictures of finished pieces.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pat (dh) and I hope to take a trip up to the Sugar Pine Quilt store in Canmore next week if the weather holds up. I love buying landscape fq's there as they have so many batiks and different fabrics that I can use on my landscapes.
It is such a lovely trip as Canmore is right in the mountains, just before you get to Banff.
We might even decide to go up to Banff overnight as I want to get some good winter pictures of the mountains.

Well, I have run out of things to talk about so I will sign off until tomorrow.

No comments: