knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thread painting workshop






My friend Margaret from Saskatchewan is taking my thread painting class and has finished the first portion of the class.

I want to share pictures of her work. I have seen some of her
other work and she is very talented. I am so pleased that
the work coming out of that class is so well done.

Once this portion of the class is completed, we will be doing a tutorial on trees, and buildings, and then we will do a thread painted landscape
using the different techniques we have learned. This is an ongoing class, and once we finish the series, I will start another on the group. (learningfa) - It is very satisfying that so many people are interested in trying landscapes - a few years ago there was very little interest but now lots of people are wanting to make the leap from traditional quilting to art quilting - and it is wonderful that they are interested. New experiences add so much to our lives. I just hope I can make the transition easier for those who are interested.

I will have an ongoing thread painting class underway all the time. As soon as one group is finished we will start another.

We also have two rough edged, threadpainted landscapes in the sign up (data base) on our group site (see side bar to join) the first will be a simple landscape - we will then carry on with a more involved landscape - using what we have learned in all the art classes.
I am so pleased with the success of our group - we have 415 members with more joining every day.

Shirley

2 comments:

Marika said...

Csodálatos munkák gratulálok ,sok sikert a csoportnak .Nagyon várom a tájképeket én is szeretem kisziteni . MARIKA . HUNGARY

Marika said...

Wonderful works ! I like landscapes késziteni. Many successes the group to work .MARIKA HUNGARY