knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TIPS- increasing size & press n seal

We have been discussing the best way to reduce or enlarge a picture for a landscape - as well as discussing press n seal.

Here are some of the posts from the group members and I think it is worth sharing -

"I found a program called Artrage 2.5 Plus.
I can put my photo in the program and draw around
the different parts of the photo. I can print out just
the lined drawing. I than take it to the copy center
and enlarge it. It's usually only about .25 or less for
the print. This program works on a Mac. I know
there are free programs that allow people to do the
same thing with their pc. When I took Making Fabrics
Portraits class many people were using those. It's
a vector program (I think) just google and see what you
find. I bought mine at Target for about $20. I plan to
do more fabric portraits and it really was helpful for me
to do it this way.
Janet Hartje
-----------------------------------------------------------

When I want to enlarge I use my all-in-one printer/copier. Divide your
picture like Shirley does, and enlarge each section separately, and re-
attach all with tape. Then you can trace over it all onto another paper
or press and seal for your master copy. Saves time and money :)

Teri in Omaha
------------------------------------------------------------
"Chris in NJ" wrote:
>
> You can certainly do the enlargement the way Shirley explains or you
> can follow the way I do enlargements on my blog. I trace the elements
> of the scene with a permanent marker and then have that image enlarged
> at a copy center like Staples. I find this to be the quickest way to
> do it. Although it does cost for the enlargement. See my blog.
> Chris NJ

==========================================================
PRESS N SEAL

Ladies....

This stuff is great for quilting your quilts too, ladies! I have done
several of mine with it. I pin baste my quilt, or baste it any way you
choose, then, lay the PressN'Seal on top of it. Traces or draw your
quilting design on it. (If not sure about the pen you are using, test
first to see if it runs through the P'N, mine never has, but I always
check!). Trace or draw design on it you want to stitch. I do alot of
free motion, but also trace templates sometimes. Then stitch on it, &
remove it when you are done. As for pins, you can see them through
this stuff & go around them, or take them out as you get to them. I
love using it for my machine quilting, as I tend to quilt closer
together than I really need to, & this helps keep me from doing that.
Only complaint I have heard is if your stitching is too close
together, it's harder to remove. Otherwise, it's no sweat! Reminds me
of a sunburn & when your skin peels from that. This peels off kind of
the same way! Use your darning foot, as you do with free motion
otherwise, & give it a try!


Nancy/NC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: