knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1st!


We are slowly getting through winter, day by day! I decided, as it is February to change my background and title picture to represent Valentines - a nice change from the darker, and
Christmas theme. The wall hanging shown is my
first 3 fabric wall hanging and I thread painted the humming bird.

-----------------------------------------------------
Now that I have the top finished (Flower garden), I am binding 3 wall hangings that need finishing.
The picture of the 'floral bouquet' which is a class project I taught to 3 groups, including Learningfa
last year, has been waiting to be quilted. I don't know why I have put it off but today is the day I quilt it. I also will be doing the binding on my forest scene which I finished recently. I hope to sew it this after noon as my gd is coming over so that her Dad can watch the big game with his friends. He is such a good father, and as he doesn't get too much time to himself, we are going to have her here while the game is on. My DH
would rather have her with us than sit and watch the game. We are both pulling for the
Arizona Cardinals as we used to spend all our winters in Arizona.

It is not a bad day here in Calgary - it is above zero C so that is nice. I am thinking of
the ice storm in Kentucky - I hope that everyone is safe. What a weird winter we have all had this year.

Well, that is it for today -- have fun watching the game and take care if you are in an area where the ice storm hit. Shirley

No comments: