knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Sunday, October 26, 2008

My dear friend Nilma


and I spent many happy hours in the stained glass shop at Valle Del Oro Park in Mesa.
We spent 9 happy winters there. Nilma asked me one day to help her draw three whimsical, skating Nuns - she then made a fused stained glass picture and framed it. Since then she has made over 200 of the Nuns doing different activities. A few are in her webpage Click on Nilma on the side bar.
I just received a phone call from her SIL who is visiting Calgary and we just visited with her - she sent me a very special picture and I am delighted. It will always be a treasure. She also sent a card with another of the Nuns scenes. I just wanted to share it with you.

She cuts the glass, makes the scene and fuses all the pieces into one beautiful picture.
This one is called "Mother Monet" - She has had showings of her Whimsical Nuns all over Ontario and Mesa and I am so pleased that she sent me this one. I spent hours with her teaching and doing stained glass. My husband was a friend of hers as well as they hiked all over the Superstition Mountains with the hiking group. The four of us took many wonderful trips around Arizona. Click on it to get a close up. Isn't it wonderful?

Shirley

No comments: