knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Visit to Wellspring

I had a lovely time visiting the Wellspring head quarters today and meeting quite a few of the volunteers. They gave me a tour around the building and I was very impressed.
There are so many great programs for Cancer patients and support members - emotional, physical, art therapy and many many more. I have decided to volunteer each week as I am sure they can find a place for me.

Wendy, who is in charge of the auction, chaired a meeting of the wellspring volunteers and it sure looks as if everything has been thought of. She is doing a marvelous job.
The venue is wonderful and I think it will be a successful auction. It sounds like they are going to have a wellspring silent auction of gifts
received by them ,as well as a silent auction of the smaller quilts. They will then have a regular auction of the large quilts - I will let you know next week how it goes.

I believe so strongly in Well spring and what it stands for. All of us have been
touched by different kinds of cancer, and it is a wonderful place to go for support
when you are on that long, hard road, for the patient as well as your family and friends.
Shirley

No comments: