knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WELL SPRING -GOOD NEWS!

I am really delighted with a phone call I just received. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that Well Spring (a community based cancer support program) has asked me to
help obtain corporate donations by donating some of my quilts. When a company donates 2500.00 they can choose one of my wall hangings. This was just set up less than a month ago and guess what? A $2500.00 donation was just received, and they are in the process of choosing which wall hanging they want. I am just tickled!

They have asked me to do a series on the Canadian Rockies as there is a lot of interest in those types of subjects - so I am going to have a ball! I love doing the Alberta Scenes, especially the rockies close to Calgary. Hopefully I will be able to do 5 or 6 of the most popular mountains and areas around here. I am going to start with Mt. Rundle. If you check out 'my work' you can see it in one of my albums.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Congratulation Shirley!!!!!!!