knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, October 3, 2008

Dinner with friends, more about Wellspring quilts


I had dinner a couple of
days ago with two friends,'
Debbie MacLeod and Aie
Rossman. Debbie is a dear friend who recently moved to Athabasca so it was a special treat. She does beautiful whimsical quilts and is an excellent long arm quilter. She is very generous with her
time as she does a lot of
Charity quilting as well.

Aie Rossman is an internationally known designer and hand applique quilter - She has been featured on some of the U.S. quilt programs and does the most beautiful work. Here are 3 pieces
of her work - I am sure most of you have seen
her work. She is from Burma and her work speaks of the far east - Her colors are
absolutely outstanding. She mentioned that she is working on another book and I will certainly let you know when it is published. Both their blogs are in my side bar under friends.















=================================================================
I have been working quite hard this week, preparing and finishing my quilts for the
Wellspring project. Wendy dropped by and I was able to give her 3 finished quilts and will have another 3 or 4 ready in the next week or two.
I am working on a winter scene which is nearly quilted so I just have to back and bind it.
Here is the finished scene before the borders and quilting. As you can see I used one of my hand dyed fabrics -- I have put a dark blue border with a light blue wider border - The hand dyes lend themselves very well to these landscapes. The second wall hanging is
"Christmas Eve on Grandfather's pond" I donated a quilt with the same theme a few years ago to the quilt project and it did very well. This quilt is now shown in the Wellspring offices and will be either auctioned or used in the silent auction at our big Auction for
Cancer support in November.
("Poppies and Wildflowers "and "Horse Country" will be used (hopefully) to generate donations for Wellspring.

My floral bouquet is a work in progress - so as you can see, I have lots going on with my work. Life is good!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I just LOVE the winter scene - the one that isn't finished.....

Shirley said...

Shirley here

I know it is your favorite - I Will be doing one for you as promised, for your birthday - or Christmas (one or the other ) grin.

I have it quilted and hope to get the backing and binding on tomorrow while my Gd is here. Shirley