knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Winter on the farm"

is the wall hanging I just finished for Wellspring. I will be delivering it to
Wendy tomorrow. I am glad it is finished - I just have two more to go and then we will see what happens and whether they generate any donations.

The first picture is a close -up of the quilting, and the trees I thread painted on the side.

Below is the finished wall hanging. For some reason I really like doing the winter scenes. You can see how effective the hand dyed fabric is for this type of scene. I painted the buildings and did a lot of thread painting on the scene.


As mentioned before, I will be going to the LaZboy store tomorrow to help set up
the quilts that will be auctioned in Calgary. I enjoy 'sitting with the quilts' each year
as I meet a lot of local and area quilters .

This is the 4th wall hanging I have finished and I only have two more to go. We felt that
six would be enough for a start. It really is fun for me to have my wall hangings so appreciated.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

wow... this is soooo nice!! great job, shirley