knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming!

and I am just as excited as our four year old Hayley, who is visiting us today. She was
given the presents she will keep at our house and is making a 'necklace' for Papa right now.
She informed me that I can play with her new 'beads' another day. What a precious, joyous, sweet little girl she is. Grandchildren are such a blessing!

She was n't too impressed with visiting Santa - and decided she would tell us about it
later! I will have to ask her mother how it went. She said she likes Papa better than
Santa. (which, as you can imagine, made Papa's buttons burst.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just finished the top of 'The three sisters, near the Bow River " which are near Canmore, on the way to
Banff. If you are ever on the Trans Canada Highway, heading to BC, when you get to Canmore, check out the 3 beautiful peaks on the left. I still have some leaves and branches to put on the large trees but will do them once I have the wall hanging quilted.

This is the first of a series of the Canadian Rockies.
I am giving Mt. Rundle, the Mountain in the tutorial I posted here, to
my good friend Wendy who introduced me to Wellspring and has been so kind.
Wendy dear, I hope you like it! I hope to see you over the Christmas holidays to give it to
you. Wendy visits my blog often!

I will do another Mt. Rundle for the series
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought for the day
"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present and hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace." unknown author.

No comments: