knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hi everyone!


I have been working away on a wall hanging and have nearly finished the quilting. I got side tracked with a couple of other projects and so I am glad to get working on this one.
This one is for my dear friend Debbie,and I hope she likes it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have a lot of Christmas preparations to worry about. We put up a small table tree and my grand daughter helps us decorate it. The family has decided to donate to our favorite charity this year rather than buy presents. Pat (dh) and have decided to donate funds to the 'Mustard Seed' which is a homeless shelter. With our bitter winters it is a big problem here to make sure that people have a safe, warm place to go to. It is a wonderful organization and we felt that as we have so much, it would be a great way to celebrate the meaning of Christmas.

As a result I don't have a lot of presents to buy or a turkey to cook as we will be at our son's for Christmas. Time is flying by , it is hard to believe Christmas is nearly here! I always look forward to the Christmas season, especially if I don't have to do a lot of shopping for presents in the crowds. I used to enjoy it but as I get older I get less enjoyment from
fighting the crowds!.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am having so much fun each week, helping our sweet 4 year old granddaughter to make decorations and gifts for the family. We decorated large pine cones with glitter and paint last week, and we are going to get them ready for 'all the people she loves'. I bought little Christmas bags and she will write her name on the tag I made as well as the person's name that will receive the gift. She is so excited. We decorated 6 of them last week and she is so proud of them. I have 3 more so we will do them up for her preschool teachers.
I also will help her make a gingerbread house for the 3rd year, as well as Santa and the sleigh with the reindeer (all gingerbread). So that will be lots of fun. Just as much fun for Nana as for Hayley. We have also started making a paper chain like I did when I was a child, for her Christmas tree. I had forgotten how much I love doing Christmas
decorations with children.
Shirley

1 comment:

Debbie said...

oh..... it is so great ..... I can't wait. :)