knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

#2 FLOWER GARDEN


I got a bit sidetracked yesterday (watching CNN) but did manage to finish the thread painting around the house. I have decided to put in a lake and a pond, and then start the flower garden in the foreground. I was going to put in a fence, but decided against it as I have done a couple with a fence in the past and I want this one to be something I haven't tried before. I am in the process of laying out the flowers for the garden and will take a picture when they are
fastened down. I do enjoy doing these
wall hangings - and it is so much fun because I never know what I am going to end up with. I won't know until it is finished!.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also just finished thread painting a bright red poppy for a project I was working on- it
turned out very well and added to the project. I thought you might be interested in seeing the flower part. I transferred the poppy with stretch n seal . I hope you like it.

3 comments:

Janet Hartje said...

I am so enjoying watching all that you do! the poppy looks real.

Shirley said...

Thanks Janet - I enjoy putting the different steps on the blog - I never know what I am going to end up with.
I am very glad you are such a great member of my group. Shirley

JenMeister said...

I love that poppy, thanks for sharing. And I love the little house peeking out in the wall hanging :)