knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, January 16, 2009

One of my friends,




Dixie, just sent us some pictures of finished work she has finished this past while, from classes she took on the learningfa groups. She is doing beginning thread painting and this is the Robin & pussywillow, as well as two lovely 3 fabric wall hangings from the class I recently taught. I was so impressed with her work. I am still in awe of the work that the students have done over the past l8 months since learningfa started up. My friend Noell has designed a mystery quilt for us and I know it will be well received.
I met her and another dear friend Bobbie Keer today for lunch, and it sounds as if
the mystery will be wonderful.
---------

I have finished my two challenge quilts and will get the photos in the mail shortly. It should be interesting.
-------------------------------------
Our streets are really messy right now - the snow is melting and at least the main
streets are clear - the side streets should be better tomorrow. I hope those in Eastern Canada and the States are safe and taking care. ---------- It looks like it will be very cold for Obama's inaugaration - millions of people - I hope they all dress warmly. It is a history making day for the United States.

Well, I had better get back to my new wall hanging. Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Deb said...

wow.. these are just beautiful!! love the 3 fabric wallhangings!! you are an excellent teacher Shirley

Shirley said...

Thanks Deb.

They are so easy and so successful.

I am thinking about putting the tutorial on the blog. It is so good
to have the tutorial, as they are so good to have if you have a quick present needed. S