knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Three fabric wall hanging class

was taught last week on the learningfa group - I did a post about them awhile ago.
This is the first picture I have received of a finished wall hanging - and I am so
pleased with the job that Tricia from the group did on this one. I really think she
got her colors together very well, and this one is a keeper. They are so easy to do
and the results are great - they make wonderful gifts and certainly will be lovely hanging in a bed room, or any wall for that matter. Good job! I expect there will be lots more posted in learningfa this next while. All finished projects make the student eligible for the draw f one of my wall hangings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The snow is melting! the snow is melting! The temperature is rising, so I am a happy
camper. I imagine it will be a mess for awhile until all the snow is gone. The streets will have residue gravel to clear up, but oh, it is nice out there!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our dear little Hayley stayed overnight with us. She is starting kindergarden in Sept. and visited her new school. They told her parents she would learn to count to l0 and all her numbers. She can already count to l50 can do some subtraction, and some adding, and
at dinner the other night her aunt said she was turning 50 and showed her the number with her hands, but didn't say 50 - she asked her how old? and Hayley took a moment and said ' l0 x 5 that is 50! It is a French immersion school where they speak nothing but
french after the first 2 months. They hope she will continue with French immersion all through school. Her mother speaks fluent french, required by the Air Canada as she is a flight attendant.
it is good in Canada to be fluent in French as all government agencies require that
employees be fluent in French as well as English.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am working away on my little challenge quilt. We are allowed to send two so I hope to finish this one within a week, and start another right away and get the pictures of both mailed asap. I am having fun with it. Different concept for me to work on a small
area.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our learningfa group has very close to 400 members, in fact we might have reached that number already! It is
wonderful how we have grown and how much fun we have. We have so much interest in the classes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought for the day:

"The older I get, the more wisdom I find in the ancient rule of taking 'first things first'- a
process which often reduces the most complex human problems to manageable proportions." Dwight D. Eisenhower

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I just love this wall hanging....

Shirley said...

I knew you would love this one. I thought of you as soon as I saw it.

The colors are great -- this is such an easy technique and the results are so outstanding.

/S