knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cathedral Windows

I just checked out a great tutorial on Cathedral windows and I thought it might be
a great one to tell you about. I will also put it in my links - It is very clear, and I
know that just about anyone could follow it. The blog belongs to an Australian woman and is most impressive.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a fun day yesterday- My husband helped push 9 people out of the snow in the
parking lot driveway and then last night we found out we were stuck ourselves. Luckily
a young man came along and helped us. They had 'cleaned the road with a snow plough, but ended up putting a ridge of snow behind all the parked cars. What a mess. I hope it
is over as once again they say it is going to thaw. (I will believe it when I see it). I was
very concerned as he has a history of heart problems so I have made him promise not to
push any more cars!. In this part of the world we are used to snow and cold weather,
however this winter has been the worst for 45 years. The city didn't even try to clear
the side streets - only the main thoroughfares. I sure will be glad when it is spring!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have finished one of the challenge quilts and am working on the second - I still have some work to do on it. It has been interesting for me. I want to get the photos in the mail
asap and then it is done until we are notified if ours are chosen. I wouldn't mind at all if they aren't as they are quite pretty and I think they might do well for Wellspring at the auction in November for Cancer support.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is nice to be into the New Year - our learningfa group is picking up, lots of questions and answers and new members as well as many many class
sign ups. There were l00 people signed up for Chris Dahl's Blogger 101 - she has done an amazing job and I think it will be very successful. Many are still working on their Square Dance quilt, and their thread painting so it looks as if we are going to have a great year
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to read my paper and have a cup of coffee - see you later. Shirley
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought for the Day:

"The first step is to find out what you love---and don't be practical about it. The second
step is to start doing what you love immediately, in any small way possible"
Barbara Sher

No comments: