knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crazy Patch









is something I learned a couple of years ago, and I love doing it. I don't seem to have much time, but it is a great way to lose yourself in creativity. I thought you might be interested in looking at some of the work I did in 2007 -2008.

Did a series of "fantasy" quilts, shown here are" Brown fantasy and Green Fantasy" The consist of 6
crazy patch blocks sewn together to make a wall hanging. I do quite a bit of thread painting on my blocks as well as fabric painting. If you look closely you can see a peacock with a beaded crown, as well as a thread painted chickadee and little house. I often use
crazy patch for my postcards. There doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to do all the things I love to do. But my supplies are here if I feel the need to do one of these
creations. I haven't branched out into small projects - scissor holders, little bags etc. although I did do a needle holder for a friend.

I hope you like the work I have shown here. I learned to do crazy patch from Julie C. in the learningfa group- I hope to have the class again sometime in 2009. Shirley

No comments: