knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Saturday, January 24, 2009

LANDSCAPE CHALLENGE 2009


Recently I mentioned on my blog that I was holding a challenge on my learningfa group.

Each person was to find a nice landscape photo and copy it into their phot0 program. Then they were to change it to black and white, or sepia. Then put away the original card and
make a landscape of the picture, using their own colors - (not referring to the original picture.) We have had a couple of pictures and I want to show you, a Challenge finished by Judy S. in the group.

Judy had a picture of Kingston Creek, N.B. so she sent me a picture of the original black and white as well as her finished wall hanging - isn't it great? It is such a good exercise and approximately 20 girls from the group decided to take part. I will show them as I receive them. (Click on the pictures and it should increase the size). I will also post the Challenge in case any of you want to give it a try. I guarantee that it will help you with color choices, perspective and many other things. I recommended to the girls that they do this exercise at least 4 times.

Enjoy! Shirley

No comments: