knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, January 22, 2009

#3 Summer Garden

I started laying the flowers in the foreground for the garden. Once I get the flowers attached (I am
thinking of using invisible thread, OR Stitch Witchery to attach the flowers. I haven't made up my mind yet.

I haven't decided whether I will put in a large foreground tree. That will be the last thing, as I want to get the
main scene finished - I still have lots of thread painting to do, but want to put the main portions of the picture together- then I will decide what else is needed. I
am glad I decided not to put a fence in. The main thing you have to do in this kind of picture is get your
perspective right. If you don't, your scene will look 'flat'
and the picture will look as if it is standing on end.

Always remember, the furthest away is small - Objects get larger as they come forward. I take pictures and study them and if something bothers me - I show my husband the scene and 99% of the time he picks out the same problem as I did. If it doesn't look right, it likely isn't right.
I will try to get the flowers sewn down and more thread painting done and post the results tomorrow. I hope you are enjoying this little tutorial. Shirley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought for the Day
"I've always been proud of my age. I think people should be proud they've been around
long enough to have learned something". Frances Moore Lappe

No comments: