knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, September 26, 2008

\



Here are more pictures of the finished work by the members of the learningfa group.
I am showcasing different classes that we have held in the group.

Janie's floral arrangement is
lovely -- I like her color combination. The second is the finished paper pieced basket taught
early this year by Julie - she also taught the tessalating leaves which is more advanced

The picture on the left is the tessalating leaves wall hanging made by Gladys.

Judith taught a prairie points class and Miriam taught a spinning stars class - Sharon put both techniques
together to make this lovely quilt.

The girls enjoyed all these classes and the work that was posted was wonderful.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia did a great job on her easy stars quilt - I love the color combination- This was a class taught by one of our members, Miriam from Ireland -

Marilyn's summer swirls is the next picture using the 'spinning stars' blocks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a sunny, reasonably warm day here in Calgary. One thing about this area - we get lots of sun - that is the saving grace for our winters - it can be sunny but very very cold. I found the rainy dull climate on the coast harder to deal with although the winter was shorter and the temperatures were higher - I do, however miss their early spring with the wonderful blossoms. Even though I don't like the bitter cold ,we are starting to look forward to Christmas - and the family get togethers. I have started working on my Christmas presents
and hopefully will get them done in lots of time this year.

No comments: