knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This n that

I don't have much going on right now - just finished sewing the binding on my
'First snowfall' - all I have to do is hand sew the binding.

It is a beautiful Autumn day here in Calgary - which is so nice. Autumns in this
part of the world are usually so pleasant and with the golds and yellows, the area is lovely.
=====================================================================
We are having a very interesting class on my learning group (see side Bar) - one
of the girls is giving lessons on how to use EQ 6 - it is a wonderful class and
all who are doing it are learning so much. It looks like a great program for
traditional quilters. We are also going to be doing a variety of classes in
October and November - I have lots of good classes coming up in the New Year too.
I do enjoy the group so much -- so many wonderful quilters are willing to teach
classes for my group - with no charge-- I have always wanted to start a group
like it - so that we can share what we know with others. It is working out
exceptionally well.

-----
I have been working on some on line classes -Christmas projects. Here are some pictures of
the thread painting Christmas motives that the group will learn in the class. The first is a table top using log cabins with the
center a thread painted Christmas motiff -The second is a pinecone with pine needles and a Christmas candle.


The blue candle is one I just finished
for the new class. You will also see in the last one how I did the pointsetta.

We are also incorporating a beautiful
Christmas tree called "Emma's Tree'
designed by Miriam in Dublin Ireland

Here is a picture of the tree. Miriam has taught
two classes on my group. It is wonderful that
people all over the world come together.







======================================================================
I have spent many many hours over the years, doing crochet and knitting as well as rug hooking etc. I am currently working on
an afghan - I am using my extra yarn- this is an easy pattern to follow - you work on the top of the quilt and use a triple crochet each 5th stitch - It is very heavy, but, as I am always chilly I think it will be warm and cozy. It is a great project for the car, or when you feel like working on something 'mindless'. I often work on it when my 4 year old grand daughter is spending the day with us.

1 comment:

Susan Loftin said...

Beautiful Chrismas motifs, Shirley.
Thanks for sharing your talent.
I have given your blog the "Kreativ Blogger Award". Check out my http://sunrisequiltstudio.blogspot.com blog for details.
Susan