knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Thursday, September 4, 2008

My recent work




I decided that I would post a few more pieces of my work. A couple of years ago I decided to do some crazy patch and really enjoyed it.
I started out making a group of blocks - trying techniques from Judith Baker Montano's Floral Stitches (which I would highly recommend- I used a basic brown and cream palette and was quite happy with them, so decided to see what would happen if I put them into a wall hanging. It is now on my wall. Since then I have made 5 or 6 wall hangings and find crazy patch a wonderful way to relax.
The picture on the right is "Christmas Eve on Grandpa's pond" -- I entered it in the Western Retreat challenge and it placed first - It is hand painted, thread painted, appliqued- it is one of my favorites.

I am currently working on a round robin I did with some girls from Big Sky Retreat - my center block was crazy patch and I am adding some embellishments to some of the additional borders. I will post a picture when I get it done.

The jacket is a sweatshirt jacket I made from an on line class in my group - taught by
Becky Moyer -- lots of fun to do - I appliqued and thread painted the poppies - and did a bit more embellishments -

No comments: