knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Sunday, September 7, 2008

'FIRST SNOWFALL'


I just finished the top of my wall hanging - I got side tracked once again as Hayley (my gd) came and spent the day with us yesterday. I enjoyed doing this one - if you look closely you can see that it is snowing. I am going to start quilting it today and that should enhance it even more.
I am also considering adding something on the side border, but will wait until the quilting is finished before I decide. I love autumn - but am not that fond of what follows! I do enjoy doing autumn scenes - I think I will do a wall hanging of Mount Rundle in Banff next, but
could change my mind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am seriously thinking of joining The Calgary Guild of Needle and Fibre Arts - I did a
bench show there showing my collection of all my postcards (over 350)last year, and was most impressed. It was very interesting because all sorts of work was being done by the members - cross stitch, knitting, crochet, rug hooking, crazy patch - anything to do with fibre. I met a lady when I was there, Kerry - she was doing crazy patch and we got talking. She has since joined my learning group and her blog is
listed in the side bar. Check it out - she does lovely crazy patch as you will see.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a cold and blustery day here - better than the hurricane area though! I haven't checked into CNN to see what is happening in Florida and the coast. My thoughts are with my
friends who are in the path of the storms.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob( Pat) and I are hoping to take a trip through the Kootenay valley in BC next week, if the
weather is reasonable - It has been awhile since we got away - so I hope the weather
is nice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our learningfa group took a wonderful class from Deb A, she taught us how to do the
"one Block Wonder' quilt and we really made some great quilts - I think I will feature them
tomorrow on this blog. It is awe inspiring the beautiful results the girls achieved.

I will also show some of the original fabric for one or two of them so that you can see
how beautifully different fabrics work out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do hope you will check out the Jenny Bowker link on my side bar. Jenny is a wonderful
quilt artist from Canberra - who has lived in Cairo for some time - I found her blog awhile ago and was entranced by her description and wonderful pictures about Cairo. Her husband
was, I believe the Australian ambassador - I believe their posting is over but her blog is
so fascinating - My husband was stationed with the United Nations to the Gaza strip in the
60's and visited Cairo often. He found it an amazing city so we both have enjoyed Jenny's blog.
I intend to spend a day and read it from the first post!. Do check it out! S/

1 comment:

Debbie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one shirley....... :))) looks like a view outside my window!!