knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, September 5, 2008

View from my window


was made for a challenge a couple of years ago- It was the first piece where I really was conscious of the quilting - I have since learned how important the quilting is if used properly to enhance the scene. I was very happy with this piece and have done a couple of others for gifts since I did this one. It is not from this area as the cardinals don't come this far west. One thing I like about creating your own work is you can use your imagination -! We do get the blue jays here as well as the chickadees. I really liked doing this one.

1 comment:

Susan Loftin said...

Shirley,
I like the quilting in the snow area. It's very realistic looking.
Susan