knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our trip to British Columbia

was wonderful. We left here and drove down Highway 22 to the Crowsnest pass - the drive down 22 is very worthwhile - I would recommend it if you are heading toward the States from Calgary - it is a few miles out of the way but very worth it. We then headed over the Crowsnest pass and
stayed the first night in Fernie BC. Very nice city and we roamed around a bit. The next day we drove through to Creston and headed north along the Kootenay Valley -Crossed on two ferries and spent the night at Nakusp. The day was perfect. The leaves are starting to turn, it was sunny and the scenery was outstanding - One of the prettiest trips we have ever taken. Then we headed back on the Trans Canada and it POURED the whole way through the Mountains. I stopped for another 'fq' fix at the Sugar Pine in Canmore - (If you are ever heading toward Banff from Calgary, make sure you stop in Canmore at the Sugar Pine Quilt shoppe. It takes up the whole 2nd floor and you should see the fabrics. I buy all my landscape fabrics there - there are literally hundreds of fq's and f8th's so it is like Christmas for me. They have a wonderful choice of fabrics.

We arrived home in time to check into CNN and see what was happening with the Hurricane.
So scary-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the center of my Forest scene quilted - just have to do the two borders and then
back it and bind it. I am happy with it. I will post a picture when I finish quilting.
I plan on working at it all day today so should be finished soon. Actually, I enjoy the quilting nearly as much as I enjoy designiing and making the landscape. I really feel that the quilting enhances the final scene so well.

Here is a picture before I started the quilting -

I am happy with the border fabric - I went back and forth between green and blue for the outside border and am happy with the blue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

BCJoyce said...

welcome back Shirley - nice potential landscapes!