knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Students' work - learningfa group




I want to take some time today to post some of the work done by the students in
my learningfa (fiber arts) group over the past year. As I set this blog up as a showcase
I think it is interesting to see what great work they do. I hope you will enjoy! The first picture is the flower arrangement Nancy made from the floral arrangement class- I like the colors she chose for the vase and it is such a pretty wall hanging. She still had a couple of stems to put in but I don't have a picture of the finished piece. It gives you a lift just to look at it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I taught a thread painted landscape and the girls did a great job.
I especially liked Marilyn R's scene. Marilyn did her own
original buildings which turned out very well. I thought
she made a very nice wall hanging. Here is a closeup of her

Building - you can see what a good
job she did. I don't believe she has ever done any thread painting prior to this class. The class thread painted the buildings and then
appliqued them on to the back
ground.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Betty G's land scape -- I love the colors she used - I wouldn't have thought of putting
a floral border on but it really does work. Betty has really worked
on the classes and I
can see how she really uses her own imagination, which is the
whole idea!
Don't you love the colors? She picked up some pink from the colors in the sky - so effective. I like it that she put the
tall tree in the foreground. Betty has taken a couple of classes
from me at our Annual retreat, and she sure did get the
idea! I love the different results from these classes - no two
finished pieces are the same - but each and every one works!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie B taught a class on paper piecing - she started with an easy flower basket and then
added extra patterns and instructions for Tessalating stars - which is a beautiful block .
Here is the wall hanging made by Gladys.


This is one of the blocks the girls used in their sampler quilt- and it really works. Another of the ladies made a large quilt but I don't have a picture. Gladys' did a great job on this wall hanging.

I would think this block would be an interesting addition to lots of
quilts.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be putting more of the Students' work in as I think it is important for people to
see what you can do, even if you have never tried a technique before. I think tomorrow or Monday I will feature the thread painting classes, which is ongoing in the group.
Needless to say I am proud to show of the wonderful work being done in the group.
The best thing is - the girls contribute so much themselves- so many offers to teach -sometimes for the first time - S/

No comments: