knitting Paradise

I belong to a wonderful knitting and crochet group called

Knitting Paradise.

http://www.knittingparadise.com

I hope you will drop by and check us out. Shirley

Friday, September 5, 2008

Joyce's first landscape


which is a work in progress- She is doing one of my on line landscape classes and took photos of her Grandparent's farm (actually- she used 4 photos) and is incorporating them into her landscape.
She just posted a picture in learningfa and I was so impressed with her use of fabric and the way she composed the scene. I especially like the hill fabric and the foreground grasses - they work so well - I like the fact that her color choices 'work' so well. She has not done landscapes in the past and I sure hope she continues doing them -If you click on the picture you will see that
she thread painted the barns and did some thread painting on the hills. I will make sure I post the finished landscape when I see it. Good work Joyce!!!!

No comments: